Sunday, April 4, 2010

"Does me calling you Abdulhakeem annoy you?" -Prologue

Sunday, April 4, 2010
Though certainly not my first time at the blog dance, it has been quite a while since I felt the necessity to jot down my thoughts, haps and mishaps on a regular basis, but a dull aching in my groin told me that it was time to dust off the old digits and get back into it, either that or it was telling me I had testicular carcinoma, I chose blog.

I am Abdulhakeem* Hisham Abdulsalam Jomah, I reside in the middle-eastern goodness that is Saudi Arabia.
Half Egyptian, half Palestinian, all yummy, I have been studying medicine at the lovably ghetto Ibn Sina National College for just over four years, I am three years away from becoming a general practitioner, I am three years away from providing the lucky few with only the finest of medical care absolutely free of charge.

When not saving lives, studying or making stool, I socialize.
Despite what outsiders would assume, the social scene in Saudi Arabia is obnoxiously active if you know where to look; the jocks, the environmentalists, the gamers, the stoners, the artistic, the list goes sickeningly on, from glow parties to hiking trips to pimps'n'hoes themed gatherings, you name it, we've probably had it.
Social highlights are fantastically abundant and shall be mentioned in later posts when it seems relevant, now not so much.

As time progresses I shall blog about said active social scene, the life and times of a medical student, what I think of you and other exhilaratingly exciting things , stay tuned or I kill your mother (I heart the environment)


"Haha! Wallahi this guy...this guy!" -Abdulaziz 'Abz' Awad gives insight on Hakeem.


*Even those closest to me have only recently learned my real name as opposed to simply calling me "Hakeem", the reason for this is that I never thought it necessary to introduce myself as Abdulhakeem, as Hakeem is more tongue friendly, until one day I was asked the question "Does me calling you Abdulhakeem annoy you?"; after a brief silence and an exchange of dirty looks I asked him why I would be annoyed by being called my real name, to which he did not respond.
Shortly after, I would always introduce myself as Abdulhakeem and let people make of it what they will, as being considerate is lame.

.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
◄Design by Pocket. Premium Wordpress Themes | Premium Blogger Templates